Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It just hit me.

So we were at a movie tonight on a date for our 24th anniversary and as we were paying I thought about the last 2 years. It cost more to go to the movie tonight, than it did to start our Beachbody business 2 years ago. And in turn, our business paid for the movie tonight.

It's not easy building a successful business. But building our Beachbody business has been very rewarding and I don't mean just financially, even though it has been that too.

We started our business without really even having the money to do it. We didn't have any extra cash. But we felt God had prepared us to be in that place at that time to hear about the Beachbody business opportunity. I don't know what I was more afraid of..failing again at a business, because we had proven we could do that over and over. Or not trying.

16 years of being in network marketing with nothing to show for it except debt and you can begin to understand why I was scared! But there was something different about this opportunity. Beachbody had changed my life in 2002. And although that sounds cliche it is absolutely true.

So we left the movie theatre tonight. Got in our Beachbody paid-for Tahoe, drove home to our fixer-upper house that we are finally getting fixed up. And I was just so thankful for all our blessings; Our awesome God, 24 years of marriage, our kids, our family and friends and our Beachbody business.

We wouldn't have even gone to the movie tonight had it been 2 years ago, because we wouldn't have had the extra money to do it. I would have been figuring up how much it would cost to just drive to town and how to squeeze it out of the budget and in the end I wouldn't have enjoyed it because I would have been thinking about what we could have done with that money.

It takes faith, persistence, consistency and time to grow your business. Don't give up. You don't have to be able to see the destination to get there. Just keep going!

In this together,
Anne

2 comments:

ilovetosweat said...

Anne, thank you for being such an awesome mentor and leader and friend to me. Beachbody is not only changing me physically, but mentally and relationally as well. I am growing in ways that I never thought possible, and you are a huge part of it. Thank you for being part of my life.

Much love,
Fran

Anne Dovel said...

Fran,
That means so much. Thank you so much for your friendship. The team you are leading in Hawaii and across the United States is amazing and I'm so excited for you!

Love,
Anne